Friday, October 28, 2011

Ghost Prints

Alexandria did this craft last year around Halloween at daycare, so I thought I'd recreate it since I thought it was really cute; plus this way I could see how much her foot has grown in a year!  We invited over our neighbor's son to make some ghosts too and they both had a really fun time.  This is an incredibly simple craft that takes next to no time at all.

Things you'll need:
 - Black paper (or orange also works)
 - White paint
 - Tiny google-y eyes
 - Paintbrush
 - Feet with Piggies!

As I said, it's pretty simple.  Paint your child's foot with the white paint; I think thicker you apply the paint, the better the result for this craft.  Stamp their foot on the paper wherever you'd like.  I end up cutting out around the feet so that it's smaller to display, but you could make a row of ghosts using both feet if you want to line the paper with them.  I had Alex do about 4 foot prints so that I could cut out a few of them separately to give as little Halloween mementos.  After the paint dries, add the google-y eyes to the ghost.  You can also add a comment bubble to the craft if you'd like to have it say, "BOO!" or add a little smiley face...and that's that!

I hope everyone has a safe and fun Halloween!!!

2 comments:

  1. I saw this post on the craftgrrl community on LJ today and thought of you! How cute are those penguin feet?

    http://craftgrrl.livejournal.com/13685190.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are super cute!!! I might just have to try them :)

    ReplyDelete