Monday, February 14, 2011

Sharing a Little Love

My neighbor sent me a picture message with a 'not so crafty mama' craft and I decided to take a stab at it for myself.  In the end, I think her version came out better, but it's still capturing the memories that is the most important part of the craft.  I asked for her copyright permissions for the craft and to post!  (Thanks Marla!!!)
Things you'll need:
- Red paint & paintbrush
 - Pink paper (you'll need red paper and glue if you'd like to do layered hearts)
 - Pen
 - Tiny hands

The first thing you do is make a heart.  You can do this the traditional way by folding a piece of paper in half so that both sides are even, by tracing something that it heart shaped (possibly printing out a big heart on your computer to trace), or taking the really easy way out (as long as you have a Cricut) and just popping in a cartridge and having it cut out a perfect heart for your with a few button touches!  Regardless, as long as you have a heart, then you're good for this step.

I didn't take the time to create an 'inner' heart to give extra color or depth, but my neighbor did and I think her's looks sharper than how ours turned out.  After you glue the layers together (if you have them), you're ready for the hand prints.  I prefer to use the paintbrush to apply the paint to Alex's hands.  She's becoming much more interested in this process and spent a lot of the time playing with the bristles on the brush while I was covering her in red paint; very cute!

Right hand on the right, left on the left and you've completed your hand prints.  I had Alexandria do hers one on each side; Marla's however looks neat with the thumbs overlapping...to each is own!  Add a little personal message as a touch and your quick & simple valentines are done!  Alexandria left one of these on her changing table to surprised Daddy with in the morning and then gave one to her teacher at daycare.

No comments:

Post a Comment