Thursday, November 11, 2010

A few notes about me...

I'm a married, full-time working mom of two.  I have a gorgeous step-daughter Emma (born in 2004) and a beautiful little lady, Alexandria who was born on New Years Eve in 2009.  My husband circa 2008 is my rock and will even assist in my craft attempts with the girls if I ask nicely; although I try to do a lot of the crafts during my solo time with the girls.

Between keeping up with work, life, and activities - I realized that I had very little time to do crafts with the girls in addition to not ever feeling like a very 'crafty' person (thus the blog title!).  I've always loved to scrapbook, but stared in awe of the pages people put together in the magazines and wonder how in the world I could ever have that 'vision' or 'artistic look' to my pages.

At some point I realized that the outcome didn't matter; it was the experience of making a memory and storing that memory that mattered most.  Thus, the crafts that I do with my kids (and my scrapbooking pages for that matter) may not be publishable pieces of art, but they created lasting memories, fun experiences and I chose to share those moments with you in hopes that you can make some of your own.

My Family: Emma, Myself (Mama), Alexandria, and Rob (Daddy)

No comments:

Post a Comment